- Quaker Ranges
- Enter Now
Oat and Chilli Latkes by Quaker Oats
Oaty pancakes flavoured with chilli and spring onions simply griddled or pan fried and served with chorizo and guacamole.
- 3oz Quaker Oats
- 3oz self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 large red chilli chopped
- 1/2 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 150mls (1/4 pint) milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl mix together the Quaker Oats, flour and baking powder, season with a little freshly ground black pepper. In a jug, combine the chilli and spring onion egg and milk, stir into the Quaker Oat mixture and combine quickly.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Spoon four heaps of the mixture in the pan and gently press out to form four rough thick rounds. Fry over a medium heat for 3/4 minutes, until golden, then flip over and cook for a further 3/4 minutes until golden and cooked. Keep warm.
3. Repeat with the remaining oil and mixture to cook four further latkes.
4. Serve the oat and chilli latkes with hot pan fried chorizo or crispy grilled Parma ham, chunky guacamole and crisp rocket leaves. Eat at once.